Talk

Advanced search

Wtf was this? (vaginal discharge related)

(14 Posts)
MilkyGusher Sat 24-Aug-19 21:48:51

I'm posting to see if anyone else has had a similar experience as I can't find much online and it has freaked me out....

Background: I'm mid-30s, not pregnant/postpartum, have no symptoms of burning/redness/soreness during sex/funny mucus etc. For several years I have a vaginal prolapse treated with a permanent ring pessary.

Today I had a bath, then had sex. At the end when he pulled out we initially thought the condom had split as some white liquid came out too, but it hadn't. When I got up, however, it was like my vagina threw up and at least a cupful of thin white liquid (looks like milk) with a very salty, slightly cheesy smell (not at all fishy) gushed out everywhere, for several seconds. We initially thought a giant cyst or something must have burst inside me, but there was no pain or indication that that had happened and I feel fine (though a bit wtf?!).

After clearing up I decided that I should remove my ring pessary to wash it and investigate further. I took it out uneventfully and it didn't smell, everything seemed normal. When I put it back in another massive gush of cheese sauce liquid came out. :-(

What is going on here?
Has this ever happened to you?
The closest I can find on the internet for gushing discharge is Bacterial Vaginosis, so I guess it is probably this and will go to the doctor asap with that in mind, but it isn't fishy and I was just totally taken aback by the volume and suddenness. If it was trapped bathwater mixed with some gunk I have a lot of other questions, starting with why this bath and no other bath ever?

OP’s posts: |
Pavlova31 Sat 24-Aug-19 21:56:35

Not sure what that could be Op but obviously quite a shock for you both.Has it stopped now ?

Pavlova31 Sat 24-Aug-19 21:57:55

I did have BV once and no fishy smell .

Starryjup Sat 24-Aug-19 22:02:02

My first thought was bath water. Sounds quite odd, hope you can get to the bottom of it.

CTRL Sat 24-Aug-19 22:05:20

I’ve had BV more than once but never a squishy liquid squirt out. Never

CTRL Sat 24-Aug-19 22:07:04

Any pics ?

Any chance the ring pessary is causing irritation ?

MilkyGusher Sat 24-Aug-19 22:16:39

No pics, but it looked exactly like a whole cupful of milk knocked onto a bed - splashes, puddles, soaking through bedding etc. (There was definitely no milk on my bedside table :-) ).
Having been TTC/pregnant/had thrush in the past, I am fully familiar with a range of typical mucus types/colours/smells/consistencies and it wasn't any of them, it was a liquid - I guess more like waters breaking (although waters did have a slightly prawn sort of smell and this was cheese).

TheVandalsTookTheHandles Sat 24-Aug-19 22:20:20

Reported

MilkyGusher Sat 24-Aug-19 22:21:17

Other questions from thread: It has now stopped (though who knows what would happen if I took out and replaced the pessary again).
There is now no external smell as far as I can tell.
It could well be the pessary although I've had one for quite a while/no feeling of irritation, but if it is caused by that, I'm still confused what the liquid actually is and why so suddenly now!

Mooey89 Sat 24-Aug-19 22:24:21

🤢🤢
I feel for you ok but this is a post for a GP not mumsnet 😷

MilkyGusher Sat 24-Aug-19 22:31:34

I will be going to the GP asap, but it is 10.30pm at the moment and it doesn't feel like it needs A&E, so I was hoping if I posted to Mumsnet five other women might say "oh yes, this happened to me last week and I was freaked out too, but it was just bathwater hahaha" before I went to bed and worried about it all night. :-)

RocketRacoonsFurryBalls Sun 25-Aug-19 00:01:39

Did you have one of those female ejaculation thingies? That can be quite copious, I believe.

RocketRacoonsFurryBalls Sun 25-Aug-19 00:07:10

www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/544c5686-e3bc-4ac2-b4ca-f91eccefe441

MilkyGusher Sun 25-Aug-19 12:15:40

Have been to walk-in centre, Dr says bathwater wouldn't usually go up there and if it did it would come straight back out again after the bath, so it was probably a large cyst/two cysts bursting. I will have an ultrasound via my GP to confirm. Thanks all. Namechanging back to my usual now so I won't be back to the thread to post further.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »