Talk

Advanced search

Any idea what is wrong with me?

(15 Posts)
OhButMyDarling Sat 24-Aug-19 21:47:56

Having a lot of digestive problems. A lot of the time lately when I eat I get almost instantaneous extreme wind (not usually smelly). Doesn't matter what I eat, could be something as plain as porridge. Even coffee causes it. I've had two instances of unexplained explosive diarrhea in a few weeks, neither of which were accompanied by vomiting, both of which resolved overnight. Today I passed a clay coloured stool. It could be nothing, but I don't feel right. Also exhausted and not sleeping well at all.

OP’s posts: |
FatChloe Sat 24-Aug-19 21:50:45

What is your diet like? Do you take any supplements?

Wowserme Sat 24-Aug-19 21:52:27

IBS?

Northernsoullover Sat 24-Aug-19 21:54:29

Any changes in bowel habits should be reported to your GP. It could be so many things.

OhButMyDarling Sat 24-Aug-19 21:55:14

I don't have a great diet. I take 40mg of Prozac daily, and recently started Zopiclone, which is not working. I occasionally take a menopace tablet if I remember.

INeedNewShoes Sat 24-Aug-19 21:56:43

I'd go to the GP. Clay coloured stool isn't right and could indicate a number of things. It might be nothing, but I think this is worth a trip to see your GP.

Cillmantain Sat 24-Aug-19 21:58:17

Sounds like gall bladder disease

shiveringtimber Sat 24-Aug-19 21:58:41

Clay coloured stool is an emergency and should be seen to right away!

StripyPaperBag Sat 24-Aug-19 22:00:51

What colour is clay coloured?

StripyPaperBag Sat 24-Aug-19 22:02:43

It's ok, I've googled!

shiveringtimber Sat 24-Aug-19 22:20:56

I know about this because I had clay coloured stool after suffering from what my GP originally diagnosed as IBS. Turns out I had gallbladder trouble, which was by then so severe that it was affecting my liver, which apparently caused the white stool. I was in hospital within hours and operated on immediately.

monkeychops33 Sat 24-Aug-19 22:23:00

I had the same thing a year ago, I ended up with Jaundice from a gallstone blocking the bile duct. Best to get it checked out asap.

OhButMyDarling Mon 26-Aug-19 22:10:00

My poo is back to the correct colour, but yet again at work today I had terrible bloating and wind which ended with explosive diarrhea, then stopped as suddenly as it started. The diarrhea only seems to happen at work. It makes no sense.

INeedNewShoes Tue 27-Aug-19 07:10:00

Are you going to try and get a GP appointment? I really think you should regardless of the colour returning to normal.

OhButMyDarling Tue 27-Aug-19 10:13:14

That terrifies me, but yes, I will.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »