Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

signs of dehydration???

(9 Posts)
3littlepigs Mon 06-Aug-07 11:51:36

DD(12 months) has been poorly with a sickness bug for past 36 hours and can't hold anything down not even water, she is now really lethagic and sleeping constantly, should I be worried that she now dehydrated or am i just being paranoid??? ANyone any advice???

EscapeFrom Mon 06-Aug-07 11:54:25

I would be3 worried, yes, given the recent warm weather.

Make up some rehydration solution, and give one teaspoon every minute

tigerschick Mon 06-Aug-07 11:55:03

this may help - hope it's not too 'strong', I haven't read the whole article. Hope she is better soon

totaleclipse Mon 06-Aug-07 11:55:15

Press the skin, then release, if the colour comes back instantly then she is not dehydrated, also, if she still has a soft spot on her head and it is sunken, this is a clear sign of quite advanced dehydration, meaning time to see the gp. hope she recovers soon.

ThursdayNext Mon 06-Aug-07 11:55:19

Is she still peeing?

totaleclipse Mon 06-Aug-07 15:42:52

Is dd ok?

3littlepigs Mon 06-Aug-07 16:13:34

thanks for all your advice guys, her nappy is bone dry and she is still very listless so am taking her to the drs this afternoon, just feel as though I am always at the GP and he will think I am a hypocondriact! Buy hey I would rather be safe than sorry especially as it so hot.
Thanks again for all your help xx

tigerschick Mon 06-Aug-07 16:14:59

You can never be too careful imo. Hope they can help

EscapeFrom Tue 07-Aug-07 08:56:48

What happened?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now