Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

comeoveneer - can i talk about teeth????????????

(7 Posts)
mufti Mon 06-Aug-07 10:24:52

hi there - i gather you are a dentist?
could i pick your brains re ds and his teeth , he is 13m and only got his first at 12m ,at the top, that came through gradually rather than all at once. now a second is coming next to it, again bit by bit.
i have been told by more than one person that the later they come through the better they are , dont know if this is true
what i would like know is , is that ok that they only come gradually , one tooth doesnt even cone through all at once?
also, chatting to someone yesterday, she said
its normally bottom 2 before top 2 , and this way is called "cross cutting", if this is so, should i worry about that too?! tia

JARM Mon 06-Aug-07 10:26:58

oooh good questions!

My 21mnth old has only 11 teeth, im assuming the longer without the better, but im getting concerned now.

She only had 3 teeth til 14mnths!

mufti Mon 06-Aug-07 10:34:30

crikey , i was at the dentist for me just before his first one came. i asked him to check him, he felt his gums , and said ," i dont think it'll be long", which didnt tell me much!
and of course all the dcs of a similar age that we know have theirs come already.
i am lucky hes not been overly troubled, apart from enough dribbles to float a boat. , no broken nights for example

mufti Tue 07-Aug-07 09:38:18

bump

fakeblonde Tue 07-Aug-07 09:46:22

Hi Mufti-prob not much help but my dd1 was 23 months old before she got any teeth ! Even the health visitor was beginning to worry.She had none one day and 8 3 days later.No trouble.She is now 15 and has the most amazing set of pearly whites

mufti Tue 07-Aug-07 09:56:50

aah, that is unusual, bears out what they say about later being better tho'.

orangehead Thu 09-Aug-07 23:53:59

doesnt matter them going through gradually and my son got his top two 1st, everything sounds fine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now