Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

sore throat for 5 days...very annoying!

(3 Posts)

have had it off and on since wednesday. yesterday i started to cough. (doesn't feel chesty, more because of tickly throat)
my tonsils look bumpy and have a bit of white on them (though I looked at images of tonsillitis and it doesn't look like that)
and have been feeling a bit fevery.
anyone else have this? it's starting to drive me batty!

foxinsocks Sun 05-Aug-07 16:22:31

yes, I had it for about a week. Also, my ear hurt (well it felt like it hurt between my throat and my ear iyswim)

It culminated in me losing my voice - I reckon I lost my voice on Thursday (felt lousy on Tuesday and Wednesday, feel better now) and only today is it starting to come back properly (but I still sound properly husky and deep!).

take some nurofen if you can - if your throat gets really sore get some Ultra Chloraseptic spray from the chemist - I also got these Boots cherry lozenges (anaesthetic and antiseptic) that I've munched on for a few days!

littleboo Sun 05-Aug-07 16:38:56

paracetamol/ nurofen
difflam mouth rinse and tyrozet lozengers all from chemist, should help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now