Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone else on mn have a skin graft?

(4 Posts)
KaySamuels Sun 05-Aug-07 09:14:28

I have quite large one on my arm, skin graft taken from thigh. I pulled the kettle off the worktop by the cord as a toddler.

I just wondered if anyone else had one, as I don't know anyone in rl with one to ask, but my skin graft recently has felt really tight and hot and itchy like it could split in one place. It is quite uncomfortable and distracting, had to put some calamine lotion on it yesterday, and don't know what I can/should do about it.

elesbells Sun 05-Aug-07 09:22:24

i think you should go to your GP. i have a skin graft on my calf. i too pulled a kettle full of water on myself, although i have the embarrassment of not being a toddler...i was 32

i do find it itches a lot in the hot weather but i dont feel the pulling sensation that you describe. i would visit the doc just to make sure. HTH

KaySamuels Sun 05-Aug-07 09:39:18

Thanks, I did wonder if I should see the doctor, but wondered if he could do anything about it really.

That must have been awful, am always glad I can't rememeber the actual ordeal iykwim.

KaySamuels Sun 05-Aug-07 22:01:11

bumping for evening crowd, will check back in the morning

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now