Talk

Advanced search

Wet self :( what's wrong?

(6 Posts)
ItsLateImTired Fri 16-Aug-19 21:53:20

Embarrassing problem -

I have had urge incontinence (I think that's the official term) for last couple of years - sudden urge to wee, don't always make it to toilet.

However, what I'm more concerned about is that every couple of months I wet myself with absolutely no warning and no urge and no sensation - just suddenly notice I feel wet.

Is this something concerning? Doc keeps stalling me/doesn't seem bothered.

I get migraines too which are v frequent and have worsened in last couple of years, but are helped by sumatriptan. Could there be a link (starting to freak out I have a brain tumor or something)

Any advice?

I'm 40.

OP’s posts: |
mineofuselessinformation Fri 16-Aug-19 21:55:14

I doubt it's anything as serious as a brain tumour.
Go and see your GP and ask for a referral to a urologist.

ToLiveInPeace Mon 19-Aug-19 16:10:14

I can't help with symptoms but it sounds like seeing a different GP would be a good start. Keep pestering... you don't deserve to live like this x

Chilver Mon 19-Aug-19 16:14:43

I have similar, 8 weeks later still awaiting my referral appointment at urology clinic....

Haworthia Mon 19-Aug-19 16:22:45

Is this something concerning? Well, yes, of course. I’m surprised your GP wasn’t bothered. Go back and ask for a referral.

Just a note to people reading this - MN is besieged with perverts who just LOVE fapping over threads about urine, nappies and incontinence, so it’s probably best if you don’t post graphic descriptions/anecdotes about wetting yourself.

yeraballoon Mon 19-Aug-19 18:42:44

It's absolutely not normal for an adult to wet themself. Ask to see another GP.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in