Talk

Advanced search

Spider/Insect bite Advice

(4 Posts)
Uberbeeboo Fri 16-Aug-19 19:12:16

Hi, I was hoping for a bit of advice regarding what I think is a spider bite. My DH was bitten by something approx 4 weeks ago. The area was swollen, white and hard with a red area around and it was approx 1inch in diameter. He didn't feel nauseous nor had a fever so left it alone. Yesterday we noticed it has changed and seems to have turned into a rash that is spreading away from the bite site. I'm going to try to attach a pic. He can get a doctors appointment on Tuesday but I thought I'd try to get some advice here in case anyone knows if this is getting worse or part of the healing process. There are no other symptoms at all.

OP’s posts: |
Uberbeeboo Fri 16-Aug-19 19:50:17

This is a photo of it on 4th August, approx 1 week after he was bit. He's tried calling 111 but lines are busy at the moment. There's not much information online.

biscuitbadger Fri 16-Aug-19 20:24:02

Have a look at pics of the rash from tick bites as a spreading circle around a bite can be a sign of Lyme disease.

www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng95/resources/lyme-disease-rash-images-pdf-4792273597

I had a mystery bite that developed a red circle around it and have just been to the gp today who gave me 3 weeks of antibiotics as a precaution.

Uberbeeboo Fri 16-Aug-19 20:31:22

Thanks for replying biscuitbadger, I think you may be right looking at that link. We just assumed spider bite as he works on roofs and is surrounded by them (rather him than me). I'll look further into that.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »