Talk

Advanced search

Dry patches driving me crazy!!

(8 Posts)
ShellsandSand Fri 16-Aug-19 18:33:15

Does anyone know what these little dry skin patches are? My gp said pityriasis rosacea but that was 4 years ago now and they keep cropping up and no herald patch so I'm not convinced. Sometimes they are red and more visible and sometimes they cant be seen until I apply fake tan which then looks ridiculous? Ived tried all creams under the sun and I'm going nuts trying to get rid of them. Anyone have similar? Ideas of what it is? Thanks.

OP’s posts: |
ShellsandSand Fri 16-Aug-19 18:33:57

More

Notthisnotthat Fri 16-Aug-19 18:38:13

I just had my daughter at the doctors this afternoon and this is what she has been diagnosed with. Was reading the information leaflet she gave me and it can take up to 5 years to go. She has had it for about a week, pharmacist said it was fungal, out of hours doc said viral spots.

ShellsandSand Fri 16-Aug-19 18:40:25

Wow, 5 years sad maybe it is PR then. Hope your daughters disappears soon

Notthisnotthat Sat 17-Aug-19 19:30:11

We got a tip today to use head and shoulders classic shampoo as a shower gel! Have googled and seems to help with itching and flakes.

ShellsandSand Sat 17-Aug-19 19:35:40

I've been trying H&S for a while cos it did help at one point but it's not as effective these days just been to the chemist for some CeRave. I was really hoping to fake tan this weekend but I cant cos these small patches go very dark brown and it looks horrendous.

Notthisnotthat Sat 17-Aug-19 20:18:11

I really feel for you. DD went back to her dance class today and was so self conscious in her leotard.

NewNewNewNew Sat 17-Aug-19 20:21:02

Try ccocnut oil.
Warm it up.
Make sure it's not too hot, you don't want to burn.
Massage into your scalp.
Wash out after a few hours.
Then massage your clean body with it including neck.
Try putting turmeric into your meals.
Cut out ciggerette, drugs, alcohols, crisps, junk food, coffee, tea.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »