Talk

Advanced search

Is it worth going to the GP about hemorrhoids?

(4 Posts)
sheshootssheimplores Fri 16-Aug-19 14:19:26

Would they just suggest an over the counter cream or is there anything else that can help?

I have had a skin tag in this area years before I had children. Since DC I now have bleeding from my rectum regularly (bright red so nothing more sinister) and the whole area feels very sore and is difficult to keep clean.

I used to use Anusol but have to admit run out of that a while ago and haven’t replaced? I’d happily go with just a medication recommendation.

Thanks very much.

Footle Fri 16-Aug-19 15:40:04

There is much more effective medication on prescription.

imalrightjack Fri 16-Aug-19 15:49:46

Yes it is worth going! I had a similar problem - large skin tag. Further investigation revealed 4 (yes 4!!!!) internal piles that I didn't know I had. I had surgery to have the whole lot removed, including the tag, and now things are much better!

TheQueef Fri 16-Aug-19 15:53:16

Go see GP.
I left my small one and skin tag for years until the bastard started a coup and grew to tennis ball size.
I couldn't walk.
Just had a stapled haemoroidectomy for the mega pile and his five friends plus two tags.
It was horrendous.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »