Talk

Advanced search

Letter from GP to phone to discuss blood test results!! Nervous

(7 Posts)
browzingss Fri 16-Aug-19 00:07:09

Agree with everyone else - if it was urgent they’d be calling you and getting you to come in immediately rather than faffing with letters etc.

PenguinsRabbits Thu 15-Aug-19 17:59:18

If it says within next 28 days I wouldn't be very concerned - its probably something like a result is very slightly out and they want it repeated in 3 months. It would be quicker than 28 days with a more serious problem. It may even be normal, depends on the practice.

cookiechomper Thu 15-Aug-19 13:48:58

I've had this when I had a womb scan. They don't tell you anything there, they just tell you to make an appointment with your GP to discuss the results. In the end just had a phone conversation where they told me I had a bit of scar tissue but was otherwise fine. Everything could be ok or they may have picked up something minor but I think it's routine.

Ellabella989 Thu 15-Aug-19 12:39:28

I had this before and almost had a heart attack from the anxiety.
When I spoke to the Dr he was like “your liver function is slightly elevated but nothing to be concerned about”. I was also once called by the receptionist to make an appointment with the doctor to discuss my results. She wouldn’t tell me anything else over the phone and the doctor wasn’t available for another 3 weeks. Turns out that my results were all great but she just wanted to see how I had been feeling since last time. I was quite pissed off that I had been put through so much anxiety for nothing.

YesQueen Thu 15-Aug-19 12:36:08

If something is wrong they let you know a lot sooner, honestly
I was called in within a week for low iron, and at 7pm at night for very abnormal bloods

NaToth Thu 15-Aug-19 12:34:40

My surgery keep doing this to me and then when I phone they say 'Normal. No action.' I don't think you can read anything into this.

alexaboo Thu 15-Aug-19 12:05:01

I had bloods taken a week ago today, this morning I received a letter from my GP telling me to phone them for a telephone consultation within the next 28 days to discuss my results. I would phone now but it says that it has to be before 10:30am.

I am a nervous person anyway but I am freaking out about this incase there is something wrong, why would they send me a letter like this if there was nothing wrong sad

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in