Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

lumps under nipples in nerborns

(7 Posts)
CurleyShirley Sat 04-Aug-07 13:11:13

Hello all - am really looking for reassurance on this/anyone who has had the same. Last night i found a lump under my dd's nipple (just on one side) who is nearly 4 weeks old. I went to see emergency doctor who said it was hormonal - from me - birth and breastfeeding - and told me to see normal GP who would refer me to paediatrician to observe it. I am 99% reassured by this but still a part of me that cant help but fear the worst and worry that this might be a cancerous lump. Any experience and reassurance would eb very mcuh appreciated.
thanks

Trinityrhino Sat 04-Aug-07 13:12:07

all 3 of my girls had exactly this and it went away as gp said it would.

MegaLegs Sat 04-Aug-07 13:14:06

Don't panic. I have read about how the hormones your baby absorbs from you in utero make the breasts and genitals swell ( I can vouch for this as my DS3 had a particularly fine pair of testicles for a few weels after he was born).

peanutbear Sat 04-Aug-07 13:16:36

I have just noticed a white lum on my DDs nipple she is just 1 I have booked her in for gp on monday glad to here its hormonal was quite worried

CurleyShirley Sat 04-Aug-07 13:20:15

thank you ladies, really appreciate speedy responses. The lump is quite big, probably a couple of cms - which is fuelling my concerns (dr described it as 'sizeable'). But then i think that why would a bigger lump make it more liklely to be something that is not benigin??

puppydavies Sat 04-Aug-07 14:02:34

dd2 had this, lumps on both sides, but bigger on one side than the other. everything i've read has assured me this is perfectly normal - esp when bf. on dd it was prolly most noticeable when she was about 5-6 weeks and had gone completely by the time of her 8wk check.

hope this helps

PrettyCandles Sat 04-Aug-07 14:41:12

Both my ds1 and my dd had this, and they went within weeks. They were smaller, though, not more than 1cm IIRC.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: