Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Should I go out of my way to have a smear before I go on hols .. have had reminder letter

(5 Posts)
Twiglett Sat 04-Aug-07 09:53:21

OK I had a loop diathermy excision of abnormal cells 2 years ago

had follow up smear 6 months later privately .. all ok

had follow up smear 1 year later through GP .. all ok but asked to go back in 6 months for repeat

which is due now

have just got reminder letter from GP that I'm 'overdue a smear' and to make an appointment .. have 3 days before hols .. have 2 kids to deal with

it'll be ok to wait till sept won't it?

beansprout Sat 04-Aug-07 09:54:23

Of course it will. Enjoy your holiday!!

motherinferior Sat 04-Aug-07 09:55:38

I'm going to wait till I'm back from hols, gel. We can remind each other.

loopylou6 Sat 04-Aug-07 10:05:52

it depends hun, i mean if u ahd it done before u went would u be glad it was out of the way? but would u worry about coming back to results? i suppose it wouldnt hurt to pretend smears dont exsist and just go off and enjoy ur holiday...BUT u MUST go and get it dont as soon as u come back i dont think a couple more weeks would hurt, have a fab time.

Pinkchampagne Sat 04-Aug-07 10:27:00

It will be fine to wait until September. I had a smear reminder early july, and I only got round to having it done last Wednesday.
They like you to go mid-cycle anyway, so you can plan it better when you return from your hols!
Hope you have a great holiday!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: