Talk

Advanced search

What's this? (Photo) Any docs out there?

(11 Posts)
YesImStressed Tue 13-Aug-19 22:18:10

I've had a lump on my foot for about 8 years! I know it's a long time, I went to the doc with it when I first got it, but was pregnant at the time and doc said there was nothing they could do while I was pregnant. Then obviously baby came along and life got in the way, and I just left it!

I assumed that as I've had it so long, it can't be anything bad(?) However recently I'm wondering if it could be something sinister, and maybe I should go back to doc(?) - I don't want the doc to think I'm being over anxious, especially as I've had it so long.

It's rock hard and not painful. It doesn't move. Not really grown (well maybe a millimetre or two in 8 years!).

What do you think it is? And does having it so long mean it can't be anything bad?

OP’s posts: |
YesImStressed Tue 13-Aug-19 22:23:44

And another photo!

Iamtooknackeredtorun Tue 13-Aug-19 22:27:19

Is it a ganglion? Hit it with a bible apparently.

YesImStressed Tue 13-Aug-19 22:30:34

I might try that! (Sounds a bit painful!! But a good use for a book currently gathering dust!)

EskewedBeef Tue 13-Aug-19 22:30:57

Some sort of cyst. If it's not painful and not causing any problems with your gait or getting shoes on, leave it be.

nespressowoo Tue 13-Aug-19 22:38:09

Has one on my wrist and did as PP said with a bible. Hurt like fuck but it disappeared!

scottgirl Tue 13-Aug-19 22:44:01

Piezogenic pedal papules?

MidnightMystery Wed 14-Aug-19 00:51:20

Piezogenic pedal papules - I agree

gottastopeatingchocolate Wed 14-Aug-19 01:25:26

Why a Bible? Would the Complete Works of Shakespeare do the same job?

Pieceofpurplesky Wed 14-Aug-19 01:32:18

Nope has to be a bible apparently.

yourestandingonmyneck Wed 14-Aug-19 01:49:21

I don't think it's a ganglion....ganglions tend to feel a bit squidgy and move about a bit.

I'm no doctor but would guess if you've had it 8 years it's nothing sinister. Especially as a doc has already seen it and wasn't concerned. But if I was you I'd go back and show them it again.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »