Talk

Advanced search

Blood in poo

(7 Posts)
purpletowelss Tue 13-Aug-19 21:48:56

I'm not a bad poo troll, have name changed as I'm embarrassed!!

I have just been for a poo and there was bright red blood on the paper. Not loads but a fair bit. Is this a serious problem? I'm a hypochondriac and I'm really scared that it's serious. It has happened before but not for a while and every time I get terrified sadplease help and tell me it's perfectly normal!!

OP’s posts: |
Lumene Tue 13-Aug-19 21:56:37

This happened to me. Unlikely to be serious but blood in stools is a symptom to check with GP. If it is something like bowel cancer this is very likely to be treatable if caught in time.

Mine was piles blush. A family member’s was bowel cancer, caught and treated and now they are doing really well.

Worth checking!

yulet Tue 13-Aug-19 21:59:46

Bright red blood is usually fine, probably due to piles or a small fissure. Give them both a google. It can especially happen when you've had constipation and forced too much, or diarrhoea and wiped too much.

Dark red / black blood is when you worry!

purpletowelss Tue 13-Aug-19 22:08:52

Thank you both. I'm so worried about it for some reason! I sting down behind now so guessing it's probably a cut? I have no idea. If it's the same tomorrow I'll probably call the doctors. I am scared to call the doctors as I've never been for anything embarrassing! I know it sounds so childish but I have some reservations and worry they'll judge me even though they probably have seen and heard much worse

OP’s posts: |
yulet Tue 13-Aug-19 22:13:09

Probably a cut/fissure if it's stinging. You could try some vaseline on it, I think that helped with mine?

And yeah doctors won't even blink. Just be matter of fact about it.

Passthecherrycoke Tue 13-Aug-19 22:16:54

No it’s fine probably piles or a fissure. I would try some stool softener for a week or
So before GP as
They often clear up themselves. Fybogel is very good

FaithInfinity Wed 14-Aug-19 13:49:52

It could be something minor but you should treat it seriously and see your GP just in case.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »