Advanced search

Split earlobe

(18 Posts)
marthamatilda Sat 10-Aug-19 13:14:13

Hello all,

Basically, I've torn my earlobe in half. I'd noticed the hole where I wear my earring stretching downwards for a few months but I must have pulled it at some point yesterday and it's completely gone through. Weirdly, I really didn't notice it happening and their isn't much blood. I've got absolutely no idea where to go from here and how to sort it out. Any help with who to go to to repair my very horrible ear would be very much appreciated!

OP’s posts: |
sleepismysuperpower1 Sat 10-Aug-19 13:16:03

i would see your GP, or if you can't get an appointment, go to A and E to get it sewn up x

marthamatilda Sat 10-Aug-19 13:18:28

I think it'll be a cosmetic issue which is why I haven't called my GP yet!

OP’s posts: |
marthamatilda Sat 10-Aug-19 14:18:48

anyone got any thoughts? apparently it's quite common

OP’s posts: |
sleepismysuperpower1 Sat 10-Aug-19 14:32:59

i would still go- even just to get it disinfected x

MissRabbitNeedsAHoliday Sat 10-Aug-19 14:34:09

I also have this and it looks awful. But im in the same boat as you that I don't know who to ask to get it repaired, I also thought it would be cosmetic

marthamatilda Sat 10-Aug-19 14:35:18

thank you @sleepismysuperpower1, i think I'll drop by the walk in clinic x

OP’s posts: |
bellinique Sat 10-Aug-19 14:38:30

There was an episode of ‘GPs behind closed doors’ where a woman visited her doctor for this reason.

The GP said she could refer the woman to get it fixed but it wouldn’t be covered by the NHS as it was cosmetic. The woman’s ear was fully healed and had been like it for a while though - I don’t know if it would be different if it’s an open wound?

Either way, I do think a GP would be the best starting place.

marthamatilda Sat 10-Aug-19 14:40:22

thanks @bellinique, good idea. I want to get it sorted as early as possible before it heals completely

OP’s posts: |
bellinique Sat 10-Aug-19 14:47:25

Good luck!

Rumours0fAHurricane Sat 10-Aug-19 16:57:39

This is NOT an A & E job. Blimey! confused

marthamatilda Sat 10-Aug-19 17:18:19

thank you @rumours0fahurricane- read the 'it'll be a cosmetic issue' as I wrote above smile

OP’s posts: |
Rumours0fAHurricane Sat 10-Aug-19 17:22:36

I was referring to @sleepismysuperpower1 who made the suggestion. And then added ' go if only to get it disinfected'

No wonder its on its knees

sleepismysuperpower1 Sat 10-Aug-19 17:28:05

@Rumours0fAHurricane when i was talking about the disinfecting i was referring to the GP not A&E smile I'm not medically trained and something like that would worry me so i would want to get it checked, hence why i suggested a&e if she can't get a hold of a GP. that's probably unnecessary though since OP is going to the walk in clinic x

Cismyfatarse Sat 10-Aug-19 17:35:12

I had this. I had BUPA with work so had a private operation under local anaesthetic.

It cost £500 in 1993 but was covered by BUPA. Even then it could only be done privately but was apparently common. It required s plastic surgeon and it was Oxford if that helps. Went via NHS GP.

marthamatilda Sat 10-Aug-19 17:38:43

@cismyfatarse thank you that's really helpful! Sounds like the surgery will be extortionate though if that's what you paid in '93 sad

OP’s posts: |
Cismyfatarse Sat 10-Aug-19 18:28:50

Found this.

So, perhaps not too bad........

marthamatilda Sat 10-Aug-19 19:24:12

@cismyfatarse you're a star! I'll start saving!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »