Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

ds (4.10) complaining of a "sore willy" ...

(8 Posts)
ejt1764 Fri 03-Aug-07 10:29:00

He woke me up twice in the night last night to tell me that his penis is hurting - I had a quick look this morning, and it looks ok ... but he says it is still hurting - as he puts it "from the circle to the end".

Any ideas? The only thing I can think of is the possibility that his foreskin is starting to retract - and that he's maybe fiddled with it too much ...

Any help on this would be really appreciated!

FloriaTosca Fri 03-Aug-07 11:23:46

Goodmorning EJT...IMO I'd get him off to the doctors asap..it might not look bad just yet but my little brother had similar problems aged 6 but was too embarassed to tell Mum or Dad..it apparently went on for a year before Mum eventually started asking questions when she found a blood stained dart..yes a dart for throwing at a darts board!..in the bathroom...it turns out he had ballinitis (sorry spelling probably very wrong)and little bro had been using the dart to "operate" on his inflamed bell end in order to pass water!!!!! He had to be put on vast amounts of antibiotics and needed to be circumcised (the consultant thought operating on a "budding surgeon" was really funny!) Your son probably doesn't have anything like this but get him to the doctors and checked out just incase..you could save it escalating to the same state as my brothers problem!

ejt1764 Fri 03-Aug-07 12:29:45

Thanks for the info - I don't want him to get to the stage of operating on it himself ...

popsycal Fri 03-Aug-07 12:33:29

ballinitis

misspiggy Fri 03-Aug-07 12:38:45

It could just be a mild infection but as popsycal said, it could be balanitis - does he experience "ballooning" of the foreskin when he pees?

Either way, definitely worth a visit to the doctor just to get him checked over.

ejt1764 Fri 03-Aug-07 12:40:58

His foreskin definitely swells a bit (like blowing up a balloon) when he pees ... sounds like I'd better make him an appointment to see the doc!

misspiggy Fri 03-Aug-07 13:11:37

Aw, bless him, that happened with DS1 when he was a similar age to your DS.

It could be that the Dr will advise moving the foreskin backwards and forwards (v gently! )when he's in the bath to try and loosen it but he may need a circumcision.

DS1 had this done and after a few days of post-op soreness he was just fine and has had no problems since. I was really worried about the op but he's 17 now and barely remembers anything about it.

Good luck.

ejt1764 Mon 06-Aug-07 18:33:05

Thanks for the advice all - have taken ds to see the GP this afternoon - his foreskin is very tight - and will not retract at all! She's referring us on, and has warned me that he'll probably need circumcision - but better now than when he hits puberty!

I never knew that boys' bits could be so troublesome!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now