Advanced search

Piles- doctor won’t do anything

(4 Posts)
JohnLapsleyParlabane Sun 04-Aug-19 23:23:03

You need to really push in these situations; different GP may be useful.

Flowerbunxo Sun 04-Aug-19 23:19:16

Thanks @JohnLapsleyParlabane. The doctor knows I’ve had UTIs and also skin issues in that area which I assume is because of the leakage but she still brushes it off when I ask about treatment

OP’s posts: |
JohnLapsleyParlabane Sun 04-Aug-19 23:16:25

Bollocks do you need to have finished having children. My friend had similar and hers were dealt with in an operation 3 months before she fell pregnant with her second. Ask for a second opinion and keep pushing till you get help. Treatable incontinence is not acceptable.

Flowerbunxo Sun 04-Aug-19 23:13:44

Doctor has diagnosed me with haemorrhoids and I’ve been suffering for months. Bleeding, pain, slight leakage (blush) ; the lot. They make my life a misery.
The doctor refuses to do anything or prescribe me anything saying there’s nothing she can do to even ease the symptoms. She says the hospital won’t accept a referral for me as I’m only in my late 20s and they insist that that I need to finish having children before considering treatment.
Does anyone think I should get a second opinion in terms of treatment options? I’m at my wits’ end and don’t feel it’s fair for them to refuse me treatment based on the fact I’ve not had all the children I hope to have.
Any advice or anecdotes would be appreciated! Thanks

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in