Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I think I am going to have to have dt1 skin tag removed, how do they do it? its in quite an awkward place.

(10 Posts)
totaleclipse Thu 02-Aug-07 10:23:49

The skin tag is just on the entrance to her back passage, and it has started to bother her on and off over the last couple of months, would it be a simple procedure?, would she have a GA, or local?

totaleclipse Thu 02-Aug-07 10:24:31

She is 3.6 btw.

northstar Thu 02-Aug-07 10:24:42

How big is it?

binklehasflipped Thu 02-Aug-07 10:24:58

they just snip them off dont they? or cauterize them?

I know the old fashioned way was to tie cotton around it until it withered and fell off itself (nice)

MellowMa Thu 02-Aug-07 10:26:11

Message withdrawn

UCM Thu 02-Aug-07 10:26:20

Well, my niece has to have one taken of of the inside of her eye, just by her tear duct. She is going for to hospital for the referral soon so I will tell you what they intend to do. I suppose they freeze them off?? Not much help really.

totaleclipse Thu 02-Aug-07 10:26:56

its only small, about the size of a pea, but flat.

Tommy Thu 02-Aug-07 10:40:47

I had one right at the top of my thigh on the inside.

I had it removed at the GP's surgery with a local. Didn't hurt or anything but I was an adult - don't know if they do it differently with children

mintchips Thu 02-Aug-07 21:37:20

My dd1 and ds both have skin tags in the same area totaleclipse. When dd1 was a baby the dr thought it would drop off itself but it hasn't (she is now 6). I don't know whether to see about getting them removed.

They don't bother them but dd1 was in the shower once 'examining' herself and said "mummy I've found my willy!"

totaleclipse Fri 03-Aug-07 09:21:06

Awww bless, lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now