Advanced search

Aaargh! Boil in a really awkward place.

(5 Posts)
MrsKCastle Sun 04-Aug-19 09:56:33

So this is really embarrassing, but also extremely uncomfortable. I have a boil right by my bumhole. It hurts when I walk or sit down. I have had recurring boils here before but not as bad as this one. Google suggests that I need to see my GP, is that really necessary? Or will it heal on it's own? Advice appreciated!

OP’s posts: |
NanTheWiser Sun 04-Aug-19 10:56:19

I would definitely see your GP. Recurring boils can sometimes be a symptom of Type 2 diabetes, but can also develop into blood poisoning, so do get it checked out.

LoafofSellotape Sun 04-Aug-19 10:58:46

Have you done all the normal stuff- sitting in a hot bath, Savlon cream over night, hot compresses?

MrsKCastle Sun 04-Aug-19 11:10:13

Thank you both. LoafofSellotape unfortunately we've been away camping, so limited opportunities for warm baths etc! We're home tonight though, so I will do that.

OP’s posts: |
LoafofSellotape Sun 04-Aug-19 11:20:32

I would try a salt bath X2 a day plus Savlon cream as often as you remember and hot compresses when you can. Good luck.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in