Talk

Advanced search

heightened sense of smell

(5 Posts)
Tissie Sun 04-Aug-19 09:34:34

I have been subject to an increasingly sensitive sense of smell having to open windows afetr husband eats and now all night I have been smelling an old fashioed butcher's shop with sawdust and raw meat hanging. Google suggests vitamin B12 deficiency. Any ideas?

OP’s posts: |
MrsKCastle Sun 04-Aug-19 09:49:37

Could you be pregnant?

lljkk Sun 04-Aug-19 09:59:14

I've had this for spells, up to 3-4 months at a time. Mostly I have a poor sense of smell but then it kicks over to hyper sensitive sometimes.

No idea why. Never worried about it. Is tedious, though. The world absolutely stinks of soap, disinfectants, food & diesel fumes. Relieved when it eased it off. I've never lost the sensitivity to diesel fumes, though. Irk.

Oldmum55 Sun 04-Aug-19 11:55:15

Same here. At some point I started to smell strong smells all the time, at one time it was particularly unpleasant, eventually it went but I've also lost my normal sense of smell, which has been poor ever since . Of course Google will always give you the worst case scenario. confused

Tissie Sun 04-Aug-19 12:45:16

Definitely not pregnant at 67yrs, but thanks for the thought. I have had periods of increased sesitivity to smell for years bt this is very unpleasant and kept me from sleeping last night.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »