Talk

Advanced search

Tummy bug? Vertigo? Migraine?

(8 Posts)
Buzzfrightyears Fri 02-Aug-19 19:28:56

Went to bed last night with a slightly blurry eye. Woke at 4am with a dull headache and waves of nausea. Headache went but nausea is horrendous. I’ve felt so bad all day. Slept almost 4 hours. My tummy feels sore and gurgling and every time I eat I feel sick, on the verge of throwing up but haven’t. I’m also a bit dizzy and the nausea is worse when I turn over in bed. I am terrified of being sick - so really hoping it’s not a bug.
Don’t know what to do for the best? Eat, drink, don’t? Try and sleep? I feel absolutely awful and can’t really put Into words how ‘ill’ I feel!

OP’s posts: |
HappyHammy Fri 02-Aug-19 19:32:34

I'd stick to water in small quantities. How is your eyesight and headache today. Are you able to take your temperature. You can call 111 for medical advice.

Buzzfrightyears Fri 02-Aug-19 19:35:18

No temp, I should’ve said sorry. I can sip; but don’t want to. I’d say I feel like you do the day AFTER you’ve had a vomiting bug - listless, no appetite, crap!

Flower777 Fri 02-Aug-19 19:38:54

There is a type of migraine called a vestibular migraine. Really horrid. I get them sometimes.

Try and just sleep if you can. Mine would pass after 24 hrs. It was often when I was stressed.

FaithInfinity Fri 02-Aug-19 19:43:48

I find sipping coke helps when I’m passed the initial horror of a migraine (I agree it sounds like one). The caffeine can help and so does having some sugar. Low blood sugar can make you feel worse.

Buzzfrightyears Fri 02-Aug-19 19:46:46

Thank you. Once the kids are in bed I’m going to try and get downstairs and have a cold drink and some fruit pastilles (only thing I fancy!!!) I’m hoping as I’ve had 16 hours of nausea now.. it’s not a bug.

HappyHammy Fri 02-Aug-19 20:25:22

nausea and feeling dizzy is horrible, could you get ooh doctor to prescribe you something for it.

Buzzfrightyears Fri 02-Aug-19 21:45:24

I actually have stemetil from a bout of vertigo which started while I was pregnant. However they give me an upset tummy and drowsiness and I don’t need either of those right now grin I will take them if I get desperate. I’ve just had some water, and some toast, and now I’m going to bed. Hopefully it’ll be better in the morning! Thank you all flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »