Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

it was bound to happen sooner or later, anxiety

(4 Posts)
MadEyeMisdee Wed 01-Aug-07 19:59:17

am feeling very odd this evening. jaw is aching as has been tense for a while, head aching a bit, hurts around my chest. has happened before, but not for some time.

Jackaroo Wed 01-Aug-07 21:38:48

Hey, MEM, do you ahve any of the old favourites to hand - lavender oil, rescue remedy? Even just giving yourself a couple of paracetamol (if you don't have a reason you can't take it) and a warm bath can work wonders - maybe take a book if you're worried about your brain working overtime when you've a moment to yourself. also, check for the following:

1 - rub your own neck/tops of shoulders for a bit, does make a difference.
2 - massage your feet quite firmly.
3 - try and remember if you've drunk any plain water and if not sip some slowly (maybe not too much this time of night )

Not surprisingly those all sounds like someone who's holding it together, keeping it all in etc etc etc...

Hope some of that helps.

J
x

babalon Thu 02-Aug-07 10:52:42

Hi misdee,
As if you needed another problem I had this jaw tension/ anxiety aswell tried loads of things but getting a tooth guard from my dentist helped the most. I wear it when I start feeling that irritablity feeling and also at night. I also take citalopram now which has worked wonders.

takecare

MadEyeMisdee Thu 02-Aug-07 11:56:30

thank you you two

have dug out the rescue remedy, and taken some paracetamol.

i dont think i teeth grind at night, but dd2 does, ooo it nasty to hear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now