Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

lower back pain on the right hand side!

(15 Posts)
bosslady Wed 01-Aug-07 16:28:58

I have had this for a few days now on sunday morning i had to take imodium, for obvious reasons. Since then i havent been so have come to the conclusion i am constipated , but now i have had a steaming headache all day as well as the back pain, I have had a look on several sites to figure out what it can be and they havent helped, i just spoke to a friend who coincidentally is a nurse she seemed to think it could be my kidneys! so i cant decide if i should go to the docs, or wait a bit longer see if nature takes its course! Anyone have any ideas??

loopylou6 Wed 01-Aug-07 16:30:46

does sound like kidneys and i believe an infection can get quite painful if left, so it might be worth droppin a wee sample off at the docs

NAB3 Wed 01-Aug-07 16:31:31

Snap! V similar to what I had. Are you on iron tablets? They can make you more sluggish. Drink more water.

LIZS Wed 01-Aug-07 16:34:03

I wonder if dioarhhea(sp) can be a symptom of a uti or kidney stones ?

bosslady Wed 01-Aug-07 16:34:22

I had simaliar pains when i was pregnant with both children with the first it was a kidney infection and was excrutiating, the second time they told me it was constipation and this is a similar sort of pain to that! I dont like to waste the doctors time especially if its constipation!

bosslady Wed 01-Aug-07 16:35:31

no im not on any iron tablets but i know what you mean i had them when i was pregnant!

NAB3 Wed 01-Aug-07 16:36:13

The nurse can dip your wee.

bosslady Wed 01-Aug-07 16:36:30

Im a bit thick what are kidney stones i heard of them but thought it was something old men got!

bosslady Wed 01-Aug-07 16:37:33

So i can just take a sample and the nurse would do it for me without seeing me!?

NAB3 Wed 01-Aug-07 16:38:00

Ring the surgery and ask if you can drop one in. Mine came back all ok.

bosslady Wed 01-Aug-07 16:38:53

did you have similar symptoms then?

NAB3 Wed 01-Aug-07 16:39:33

Have you not read all your thread?????
Yep.

NAB3 Wed 01-Aug-07 16:39:50

ALso had a thread on it too.

bosslady Wed 01-Aug-07 16:43:32

sorry i have yep! My youngest is climbing all over me whingeing and whining, and the other one is pestering me for more food, after eating nearly the entire contents of my fridge already thanks for your help imight see how i go tonight and if its still bad in the morning ill take one!

NAB3 Wed 01-Aug-07 16:57:59

I started being ill on Sat and today I feel okay again, except for a headache.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: