Talk

Advanced search

Accidentally fed baby rusty banana bread!

(7 Posts)
MotherWildling Wed 31-Jul-19 13:20:15

Just fed baby homemade banana bread and noticed- after she'd eaten it - a black colouring on the bottom of it. Presumed it was from the banana until I took another taste and it tasted metallic. Checked the pan and noticed that the non stick had worn away on one area and rust had got through the grease proof paper. Not the whole cake had rust on it but might be that my baby ate some 😬 Is this super dangerous? Do I need to rush her to doctors?

OP’s posts: |
dementedpixie Wed 31-Jul-19 13:22:20

I'm sure she'll be fine

user1493413286 Wed 31-Jul-19 13:25:10

She’ll be fine; it would have been a tiny amount. Babies eat all kinds of things they shouldn’t (leaves, the dirt on their shoes, random things from the floor) and they’re fine.

SpoonBlender Wed 31-Jul-19 13:27:30

Rust is basically unimportant. It is certainly not a problem in the microgram quantities she's eaten.

CameraTime Wed 31-Jul-19 13:33:13

Rust is basically iron, which is fine to eat in small quantities. She'll be fine (and possibly magnetic).

tenredthings Wed 31-Jul-19 13:35:08

My Dd used to call burnt food rusty misses point entirely .

MotherWildling Wed 31-Jul-19 13:37:32

Thank you ... Realising how neurotic my post is in hindsight 😆 Gorgeous impro recipe (if it wasn't for the rust!). Made with oat blitzed into a flour, added banana, sunflower spread, coconut oil, coconut yogurt and Ella "The Orange One" 😋

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »