Talk

Advanced search

Lip twitching

(4 Posts)
42isthemeaning Wed 31-Jul-19 10:02:53

Looking for some reassurance though suspect I'll need to visit GP.
About two weeks ago I noticed my left bottom lip twitching. It was during a very long journey overnight when I couldn't sleep at all. Since then it has twitched every day at least once, sometimes a few times. It's not too bothersome, but google tells me scary stuff (of course!)
Has anyone else ever experienced this or have any clue what it might be about?

OP’s posts: |
Sorority Wed 31-Jul-19 10:09:06

It can have lots of benign causes. Tiredness, excess caffeine, stress etc. Also a lack of magnesium / low B12 can cause twitches. Think the medical term is benign fasciculation.

See your GP as you're concerned but in the meantime, keep off Dr. Google! I've (wrongly) self diagnosed myself with all kinds of ailments thanks to Google.

orangeshoebox Wed 31-Jul-19 10:14:24

I have that when I'm very stressed or can't sleep (usually due to stress).
rest really helps. and taking magnesium before bedtime.

42isthemeaning Wed 31-Jul-19 10:17:15

Thank you. It was weird how it came on so suddenly and it keeps happening in exactly the same place. Yes, I avoided checking doctor Google up until today! I do wonder if my vitamins / magnesium are low. My diet isn't as good as it could be and I don't eat any meat.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »