Talk

Advanced search

Piles

(4 Posts)
SoUnsettled2 Mon 29-Jul-19 11:40:27

Hi,
I have developed, what I think are, piles and I’m mortified! It started three years ago when I returned to work FT and started doing a few nightshifts (not sure if this is connected). I don’t get pain but get very, very itchy!!! Terrible at night in a warm bed and no, it’s not pinworm!
I’ve taken a pic and my anal area looks really strange kind of like flaps of skin, hard to explain, but not like lumps. Very itchy! I’ve tried all creams and suppositories but it returns instantly and, tbh, the swellings don’t seem to go away. I’ve even bought frozen gel pacs specifically for piles.
Nothing is clearing them and I have improved my diet. I’m going to see if I can get into see a GP at the end of the week but I’m mortified! I’ve never suffered before. Only thing I can think of is that my mum died of cancer at around the time symptoms started and I started nights.
Any words of wisdom of something I can try? I’ve tried all the supermarket creams.
Itching now !!!

OP’s posts: |
SoUnsettled2 Mon 29-Jul-19 11:40:51

I’m 47 btw and 11 years since my last baby

SoUnsettled2 Mon 29-Jul-19 11:41:35

And the area didn’t look like this before

LittlefairyMum Mon 29-Jul-19 21:56:40

Hi, I have what you describe but mine bleed too.
I find prep H works but as soon as I stop using it for a day, they grow again.

Are yours bleeding ?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »