Talk

Advanced search

Migraine with a temperature?

(11 Posts)
ryanreynolds Sat 27-Jul-19 07:44:43

Has anyone had a migraine with a high temperature before? I used to get migraines but never like this!

DH went and got the strongest OTC medicine the pharmacist would give him yesterday evening, it brings it down from being unable to move my head without severe pain to a bad headache.

Rang my GP yesterday who was unbothered. I'm generally fit and well - had a C section 6 weeks ago but no sign of infection on my scar! No rash on my body that I'm aware of!

Any suggestions - just ride it out? Or push for an OOH GP appt?

BillywilliamV Sat 27-Jul-19 07:51:32

How long do your migraines normally last?
I would sit it out a bit longer but at the first sign of confusion, rash or anything else weird I would call 999.

azulmariposa Sat 27-Jul-19 07:59:39

Call 111. Not being able to move your head isn't good. A headache with stiffness in the neck should be checked out ASAP.

Namenic Sat 27-Jul-19 08:02:28

How high is temp - is there any reason for it? The other diagnosis to watch out for is meningitis or sepsis. Basically if you are confused or not improving or temp is high then don’t hesitate to go to hospital where they can do bloods and give you a shot of antibiotics.

Try hydrating yourself with plenty of fluids.

ryanreynolds Sat 27-Jul-19 09:19:49

Thanks everyone will see what happens today and keep an eye out for a rash. My knees are achey but assumed that was more connected to being a bit more active after pregnancy/giving birth.

Temp was 38.6 earlier but has come down after tablets.

Was probably pretty dehydrated yesterday so making sure I drink enough today!

azulmariposa Sat 27-Jul-19 11:34:26

Ryan, please don't wait for a rash. Often when that appears it is too late. Please get advice from a GP or 111.

Namenic Sat 27-Jul-19 15:57:41

Is the headache still there? If you are not improved, you should be seeing someone Medical.

Namenic Sat 27-Jul-19 16:18:15

Don’t be fooled if temp comes down slightly (that is what paracetamol and ibuprofen do), if other symptoms are there still, get to a&e or call 999

ryanreynolds Sat 27-Jul-19 19:09:49

Headache subsiding - have managed to go for a gentle walk today and temp has gone. Will get an OOH appt if temp reappears over the weekend, if not I have a Drs appt Monday morning for something else

campion Sat 27-Jul-19 19:21:21

You don't get a high temperature with migraine. Or aching knees.
I guess you've got something else (that's the limit of my diagnostic skills!)

Namenic Sat 27-Jul-19 19:23:29

Thanks for getting back OP! Hope things do improve. Very hard when you get migraines. Sounds like things are improving but do keep a look out for things worsening again and don’t feel bad about going to a&e for those symptoms as they can be dangerous.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »