Talk

Advanced search

Sudden mole on back of thigh

(6 Posts)
SugarPrincess67 Sat 27-Jul-19 00:02:40

Hi guys, yesterday I noticed a black lumpy firm mole on my thigh. It bled but stopped. Today it’s still there and it stings, itches. It has a redness around it. I’ve got an appt on Tuesday but I can’t stop myself from worrying. Has anyone had this before? I’ve posted a photo of it

OP’s posts: |
BrokenWing Sat 27-Jul-19 00:12:15

Has it appeared quickly or developed slowly? Are you sure it's a mole and not an infected bite/injury of some kind?

SugarPrincess67 Sat 27-Jul-19 00:15:33

I honestly just noticed it yesterday. I didn’t notice it before. There was a little bit of blood. And today it’s formed into a mole. It’s not scabby or anything like that. It feels like a mole just firm. It’s itchy but stings more. There’s a redness to it too my body reacts differently to a bite. And when I usually get a mole it doesn’t hurt and it’s a light brown colour.

marciagetscreamed Sat 27-Jul-19 00:21:46

Could it be tick bite? Either way you need to get it looked at ASAP. Can you go to an out of hours doctor?

SugarPrincess67 Sat 27-Jul-19 00:26:53

I’ve booked an appt with the doctors on Tuesday but I’m taking my little girls for a sleepover at my mums with their cousins. I think they have a walk in clinic near there so I honestly should go. My body reacts very different to any bites. My skin erupts with a bite, this is very different to that

BrokenWing Sat 27-Jul-19 00:42:27

Ds had something that started similar, he'd been playing in a burn the day before, went to a sleepover and the mum called me in the morning as he had this black itchy thing that looked red. Never found out what it was, it eventually infected his arm, wrist to elbow was red hot and swollen, and he needed 2 adult dose antibs at the same time for 10 days and the nurse saw us every 3 days to check and give us more iodine patches and special dressings.

One time they removed a dressing after it had popped it pulled out a plug of tissue/goo leaving a perfect round hole in is arm (have a picture somewhere of his arm if you aren't squeamish) and after that it cleared up quickly. I still think it was an insect of some kind that burrowed in, drs thought not but couldn't offer an alternative explanation.

Good luck on Tuesday, it does look like it needs checked out. If it does start to look infected/redness spreads get an emergency appointment for antibs.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »