Talk

Advanced search

NUT FREE BISCUITS NEEDED

(7 Posts)
motheroffourcats Fri 26-Jul-19 12:42:16

Hi
I need to buy nut free biscuits urgently today for a function starting at 2pm. What brands are nut free? Tried googling and beleive it or not the results included Nutella bars so not feeling reasured by google. Can anyone help me know what to buy urgently please? Thanks in advance.

OP’s posts: |
Lonecatwithkitten Fri 26-Jul-19 12:48:27

Tesco's own brand bourbons.

LoafOfSellotape Fri 26-Jul-19 12:50:50

Tesco labelling is extremely clear.

motheroffourcats Fri 26-Jul-19 12:56:33

Thanks. That's very helpful. The store I can get to on the way is Asda but I'll try to find a large Tesco instead. Thank you.

BikeRunSki Fri 26-Jul-19 13:01:43

Most large supermarkets have veryl a “free from” range. There is a company called Mrs Crimble who do a range of confectionary fir various allergies. They are certainly in Tesco, probably other supermarkets.

motheroffourcats Mon 29-Jul-19 11:20:42

I managed to buy a couple of boxes of Nairns breakfast biscuits. they were ok tasting but you got very few in the box.

Supermarkets and retailers can used the vegan and vergatarian logos so why don't they use the NUT FREE logo?

The nursery I work for are careful about allergies. We always check labels. The trouble is that there are two children with definite diagnosed nut allergies and they both have epi pens.

Often items arrive in the delivered supermarket shop (to the nursery) and the items state 'made in a factory that handles nuts'. this is enough to mean we can't use those items at all just in case.

Isn't it about time the food manufactuers used the NUT FREE logo?

chloesmumtoo Mon 29-Jul-19 11:52:26

www.unitedbiscuits.com/wellbeing/special-diets/#

Hope this helps, ensure nut avoidance is selected

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »