Talk

Advanced search

Ovarian cancer possible at age 21?

(7 Posts)
followthefairytalexx Thu 25-Jul-19 20:51:05

Im not due on my period for another week but for the past month or so I’ve felt bloated without eating or drinking. For the past couple of days I have a fullness in my pelvis ovary area that makes me need a wee more. I also have period like pelvic pain. This isn’t normal for me. Its making me worried about ovarian cancer. I did a pregnancy test I’m not pregnant and my blood sugar is normal.

What could it be? I know I have jumped to the worst case scenario but I am worried.

OP’s posts: |
nocoolnamesleft Thu 25-Jul-19 20:54:34

Hmm, let's see...water infection, constipation, coeliac disease...for starters...if you're worried go see your GP.

SlocombePooter Fri 26-Jul-19 07:12:29

Ovarian cyst? My daughter had a large one when she was 14, it caused bloating and stabbing pain as it grew.

Icklepup Fri 26-Jul-19 07:19:19

Well you still could be pregnant if you're not due for another week...

followthefairytalexx Fri 26-Jul-19 08:46:27

@Icklepup I already wrote that Ive taken a pregnancy test...

OP’s posts: |
Icklepup Fri 26-Jul-19 09:35:05

You should wait to take a pregnancy test until the week after your missed period for the most accurate result.

Thymeout Fri 26-Jul-19 10:45:32

The short answer is yes. But it's really, really rare at 21.

As pps have said, there are lots of other conditions that could be causing your symptoms - most of them connected to your digestive system, rather than ovaries.

But you're worried, so see your GP. If she thinks it's a good idea, if only to reassure you, she can book you in for an ultra-sound and a Ca125 blood test.

Hope you'll be feeling better soon.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »