Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

New moles - palm of hand and sole of foot

(11 Posts)
auntyspan Tue 31-Jul-07 14:14:25

Hi

Just wanted everyone's opinion. Have two new moles that (I think) have appeared over the past 12 months - one on the sole of my foot and the other on the palm of my hand. I have been reading scare stories about these being abnormal - anyone else had experience of these?

Bit worried.....

MummyDarlingSausage Tue 31-Jul-07 14:19:50

I have one on the sole of my foot and use to have one on the palm of my hand but it slowly dissapeared and faded to nothing - almost as if it rubbed off over a period of time! I've never heard about them being abnormal - I shall check back to see if they are. I have a mole in another place I won't mention so I guess you can get them anywhere (I hope)

overtherainbow Tue 31-Jul-07 14:20:26

Are they flat or raised? - I have two flat ones on my hands, one on each. And I have a flat mole on the sole of my left foot, they have been there since childhood and do not bother me. Do yours itch,bleed or have they grown recently?

auntyspan Tue 31-Jul-07 14:23:20

Both flat, not itchy or bleeding and haven't got any bigger recently. Might go and get them checked out though.

mm22bys Tue 31-Jul-07 14:31:20

I have heard that moles on palms / soles can be serious.

Probably best to put your mind at rest and go see your GP! (Better to be safe than sorry...)

overtherainbow Tue 31-Jul-07 14:37:39

Agree to getting them checked - you will know either way then.

Furball Tue 31-Jul-07 14:45:12

taken from netdoctor

Common misconceptions

It is not true that moles on the soles of the feet or hairy moles are more likely to become malignant (cancerous).

Wilkie Tue 31-Jul-07 14:56:51

Auntyspan - my DH had a mole removed from the sole of his heel because they can be abnormal - it came back clear though. Best get it checked out but I am sure it won't be anything to worry about.

auntyspan Tue 31-Jul-07 15:07:31

got an appointment tonight at 6pm.

Thanks ladies xx

Wilkie Tue 31-Jul-07 21:47:19

What did they say?

popsycal Wed 01-Aug-07 16:21:54

bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now