Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

are you on the pill? did you know this?

(2 Posts)
Cappuccino Tue 31-Jul-07 09:40:31

I mean if you did and this is so old and yesterday then I'm sorry, I've never been on the pill

but this morning while talking about herbal supplements my doctor told me that a lot of women don't know that taking evening primrose oil or st johns wort can stop the pill working

just thought I'd share

toodle pip

cylon Tue 31-Jul-07 09:47:41

st johns wort is pharmacologicaly very active. i am surprised that it isnt limited to prescription only.
most 'herbal remedies' are actually medicines. just from before a time when rigourous drug trials occured. and before their manufacture was strictly controlled. which is why people could make them up themselves, rather than get them from a medical pratcitoner. some peopole do the same sort of thing with 'leftover' antibiotics, passing them on to friends and relatives because they eithter cant be bothered to go to the doctor, or cant afford it.

ever pill, remedy etc needs to be taken with the correct information.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now