Talk

Advanced search

Sore jaw 10 days after bash

(3 Posts)
austenozzy Mon 22-Jul-19 19:47:44

10 days ago I went sailing in a dinghy with some kids at a sailing club i volunteer at. We accidentally gybed and I got smacked very hard in the left temple by the boom. Seeing stars, dizzy etc. Swelling appeared, headache for a few days, sore side of head and jaw.

Most symptoms are gone, but it still moderately hurts my jaw and the impact site when I open my jaw fully and when chewing food.

Do you think it will subside or is there some kind of damage? It doesn’t feel like enough of a thing to take up a gp appointment.

OP’s posts: |
Nemesia1264 Mon 22-Jul-19 23:17:07

You should definitely go to the GP ASAP and really you should have gone at the time of the accident- but too late now. It is possible to fracture the 2 bony spurs at the top of the mandible and have similar symptoms to yours, especially since that part of your face took a nasty blow.

Glitter99x Tue 23-Jul-19 00:31:19

It would be good to get it checked, not a doctor, even if nothing wrong there is peace of mind. Chances are it will heal but you need to get it checked out.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »