Talk

Advanced search

Mole causing me anxiety

(11 Posts)
tanyalouise1989 Sun 21-Jul-19 20:32:15

Hi all,

Some time ago I scratched my back and a bit of skin came off, I got my partner to look and it was a mole that almost looked like the corner was coming away. It freaked me out no end when I went on google. I have terrible anxiety so caused me serious mental trauma. I literally didn't eat for days or move of the sofa.

It's almost completely healed now, but still is a little flakey, and the bit that looked like it was coming away is gone and is pink scar tissue. I must of caught it at some point quiet deep it's also under one of my bra straps that I believe is sometimes tight.

It's round, light brown and raised my partner believes it to of been there for years and says it's exactly the same as it was and it's always felt as if you could ' pick it off'

I've monitored it very closely it hasn't grown atall. Doesn't itch or anything like that.

I've been doctors numerous times about it and they said fine 100%benign it's a seborrheic keratosis?? And that's why it looks/feels like it does.

Any one have something similar? Please someone I'm so worried!!! Lol I have approx 40 moles although most very small apart from a birth mark. I am pale but I do tan and have blue eyes but dark hair

OP’s posts: |
tanyalouise1989 Sun 21-Jul-19 20:35:21

P.s I'm definitely not a sun lover either lol had one bad sun burn as s child when away but not really much since, I can't stand the heat 😂

Letitbegin Sun 21-Jul-19 20:42:56

If you've had it check by the doctor and they said it's fine then I'm sure it is. It's hard to get something out your head when it makes you anxious doesn't it. Why don't you go back and say it's been bleeding? Are you in the uk? I've been to the gp for a mole and was referred to the dermatologist but it was totally fine.

lljkk Sun 21-Jul-19 20:47:27

I get a seborrheic keratosis every 3 yrs or so. Yours sounds completely normal. I spot them on other people once in a while, too.

I had a papilloma recently. Which is similar in that it's a big brown crusty (harmless) thing. But caused by a virus rather than something spontaneous from inside. Dr said papilooma would never go away but then it flaked off after about 7 months.

lljkk Sun 21-Jul-19 20:48:28

ps: the SK's often bleed when they come off. They just tend to lift a bit of skin so chance to bleed, lot like a stiff scab I guess.

lljkk Sun 21-Jul-19 20:49:02

... you're lucky yours doesn't itch. My SKs can itch a fair bit.

tanyalouise1989 Sun 21-Jul-19 20:58:09

Thankyou both for replying, it does look strange, like when I first saw it I thought it's wasn't a mole it almost has the stuck on appearance. And my partner seems to think it's always felt weird not like a mole like extra skin almost

NanTheWiser Sun 21-Jul-19 20:59:10

I've got lots of SKs, mostly on shoulders where bra straps rub, and on torso. They are absolutely harmless, so don't be anxious about them! I'm sure they are hereditary as my mother had them too, and tend to appear as you age, unfortunately.

tanyalouise1989 Sun 21-Jul-19 21:02:24

Yea I panicked cause I'm only 30, but I think my mum has some, and I hear that they can come on during pregnancy, I've had 4 children

tanyalouise1989 Sun 21-Jul-19 21:04:23

I think google raises anxiety so much though. I'm all for being proactive and preventing/finding it early but I feel like it's always the worst case scenario on google isn't it. I spent weeks intensely googling it and sent myself insane

tinkerbellsugar Wed 24-Jul-19 17:06:28

Omg I just nocked it quiet hard with my nail and ripped s bit of scab off and it bleed, I'm literally having a melt down 😭 I've got doctors Friday, has anybody else had this? Do seborrheic keratosis bleed a lot?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »