Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Possible TMI warning - it's a question about periods/blood clots ...

(3 Posts)
Snowstorm Mon 30-Jul-07 17:04:33

I keep meaning to ask my GP whenever I next have an appointment but I haven't been for a while and so I thought I'd ask on here ...

I'm 38 (in case that's relevant) and since DD2 was born, 3.5 years ago, my periods have come around more quickly (every 21 days as opposed to 27); they last a couple of days longer (7 days as opposed to 5); and, I started getting clots of blood in them. They started off as just the occasional small one and slowly, over time, they've got bigger and there's more of them per period. I don't feel alarmed, they aren't enormous and it has been gradual but I just wanted to ask whether that sounds normal to anyone else who's had children and is around my age.

TIA.

Hassled Mon 30-Jul-07 17:07:44

Yes and no - I'm 41 and have 4 kids, and cycles have got progessively closer together. I've always had a few clots (about the size of a 10p piece?), but they haven't increased in quantity as I've gone along. It's worth mentioning to your GP but probably not worth a special trip, IYSWIM.

wheresthehamster Mon 30-Jul-07 17:13:53

I went to the GP about clots a few years ago - mid 40s - and she said take some tablets (can't remember what they were now) and see if they stop. She wasn't concerned at all. They did stop but I didn't want to be taking tablets forever so now just put up with it. I'd go and see your GP just to put your mind at rest.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: