Talk

Advanced search

Sores on feet from sandals

(6 Posts)
AnotherOne4 Fri 19-Jul-19 18:34:56

I wore new sandals out on Monday, the type that criss cross over the top of the foot. They rubbed and created a sore on top of each foot. Five days later, and they appear to be healing. Although the skin is red around the wounds. Does this indicate infection? I'm worried that the skin is starting to feel tight, and I've really damaged my feet 😔

FelicityButtercup Fri 19-Jul-19 18:55:24

It's just a blister or sore patch? Normal stuff from too tight sandals or ones that rub

Your overreaction to this suggest health anxiety so try and calm down and wear something more comfortable for now

AnotherOne4 Fri 19-Jul-19 19:06:04

"Health anxiety" ??!? I want to be insulted by that, but you're probably spot on lol. I have had previous health issues (broke my back) so I do feel vunerable to anything else going wrong.
But damn.....my feet hurt 😔 lol

FelicityButtercup Fri 19-Jul-19 19:44:09

Don't be insulted - I recognise it as I suffer myself annoyingly grin

However your feet won't drop off I promise. Or wither away. Chin up

AnotherOne4 Fri 19-Jul-19 21:38:36

Aww thanks. Sometimes a little reassure goes a long way 😀

AnotherOne4 Tue 23-Jul-19 18:03:07

I went to the doctors today about my feet. I do have an infection on both feet sad He gave me antibiotics and said if it hadn't cleared in a well, I'm to go back. If it gets any worse, I'm to go to A&E. Eek!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »