Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I would cry if I had the energy

(14 Posts)
NAB3 Mon 30-Jul-07 16:54:45

I feel so awful. I have a pain in my back but it isn't back ache and have just had a pain half way between my tummy button and breast. Bit too soon for ovulation pain. Feel like there is something wrong inside me but don't know what. Am I just run down and knackered?

CountessDracula Mon 30-Jul-07 17:00:24

kidney infection?

NAB3 Mon 30-Jul-07 17:30:00

That's what I am worried about I think.

wildwoman Mon 30-Jul-07 17:30:49

sorry sounds like kidneys to me too

NAB3 Mon 30-Jul-07 17:36:43

Poo. What do I do?

wildwoman Mon 30-Jul-07 17:37:52

you need to see the doctor and get antibiotics, drink loads of water.

NAB3 Mon 30-Jul-07 18:03:14

Just phoned the surgery. Seeing the asthma nurse tmw so taking wee sample in to be dipped. Any ideas where I could get a sample pot from please?

Littlefish Mon 30-Jul-07 18:07:34

Could it be trapped wind? Sounds trivial, but it can be incredibly painful. Have you got any peppermint tea?

NAB3 Mon 30-Jul-07 18:09:01

I have been much more windy lately. Loud rather than smelly. DH going to the shop so will get some Peppermint tea. Thanks for that.

Novacane Mon 30-Jul-07 19:36:41

you can wee into anything as long as it is dry and clean NAB, do it just before you go.

CoteDAzur Mon 30-Jul-07 19:45:38

NAB3 - I don't know about the pain in your back, but the one 'half way between your belly button and breast' sounds like your stomach. [You can't ovulate in that area]

It could be indigestion from something bad you ate. Throw up. You should immediately feel better. If you don't and if you have diarrhea in a few hours, it was indigestion.

Alternatively, you may have 'caught a cold' in your stomach. It happened to me a couple of times in the summer, when I had the car air conditioner straight towards me. Very painful, right under your ribcage. Drink something hot (herbal tea, preferably lemon & mint mix) or put a warm bottle on the painful area and it should feel better.

I hope that helps.

NAB3 Tue 31-Jul-07 08:26:47

Thank you all. Got a pot from Asda and are waiting to go to my appointment. It is actually for my asthma check so I don't yet know if they will test it for me. Still feel grotty, was shivering loads last night. Hope it is something and nothing as going on holiday soon. Thanks again.

Littlefish Tue 31-Jul-07 12:22:13

Sounds more like a kidney infection - hope the appointment goes ok.

NAB3 Tue 31-Jul-07 15:41:28

Liver fine, kidneys fine, chest clear, not pregnant. Have to drink more water.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now