Talk

Advanced search

Postpartum bowel issues

(1 Post)
autumnleave Fri 19-Jul-19 08:43:31

I've name changed for this as it's so embarrassing but would really appreciate some advice as it's starting to get me down.

I had a baby 10 weeks ago and after birth had really bad constipation and terribly painful haemorrhoids. I had one little bleed after a bowel movement, which the dr said was probably due to the haemorrhoids.

Ever since that cleared up around 4-5 weeks postpartum I've been having the most awful wind, and it really smells sad. It's predominantly in the evenings and last night continued through the night too.

Could this be due to post baby (and breastfeeding) hormones? I don't think I've changed anything in my diet to cause it. I have had bad periods before of bloating/diarrhoea/stomach pains etc so put it down to IBS but never this smelly gas, could it be IBS? I'm just trying to think of any other cause as I keep coming back to the fact it could be cancer as I read it's a symptom of colon cancer sad.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »