Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

So I just looked in dd1s mouth and...

(4 Posts)
mintchips Mon 30-Jul-07 15:01:08

Her adult tooth is growing through behind her baby tooth.

She has just turned 6 and has only lost one tooth so far, bottom front, and the adult tooth is growing through fine. The tooth next to it is only very slightly wobbly but the adult tooth is coming through behind it.

Has any one experienced this before? Will the adult tooth just push the baby one out or is a trip to the dentist needed?

anniebear Mon 30-Jul-07 15:02:29

no need to worry, my friends little girl had her two front adult teeth there before the others came out! so she had 4 there!!!!

bran Mon 30-Jul-07 15:04:24

It will probably get more wobbly and fall out as the adult tooth comes up. I had this problem when I was a child and the front teeth sorted themselves out, although I had to have all my baby molars removed by the dentist.

If it looks like the adult tooth is going to be at a very strange angle once grown then it's probably best to get a dentist's advice as it might save on orthodontic work later on.

orangehead Mon 30-Jul-07 23:41:17

Im a dental nurse, this happens alot nothing to worry about baby tooth will come out. sometimes the teeth align themselves correctly if not may need brace but they wont refer for ortho till she has lost all her baby teeth about 12 yrs of age, so she has lots of time to see if they align themselves. I would just mention it at her next checkup but no need 4 speacial visit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now