Talk

Advanced search

Armpit lumps

(4 Posts)
Lostoldusername Tue 16-Jul-19 19:29:49

I've got 4 painful lumps under my right armpit and 1 under my left. It started off with just one but gradually more came as the day went on.
They are sore but they don't move.
My first thoughts are lymph nodes or blocked hair follicles but there are 4 in different places - I've only had 1 before and only under 1 arm.
How long should I wait until seeing GP as feel daft going after just 24hrs!

OP’s posts: |
Sweetooth92 Tue 16-Jul-19 19:32:37

My first thought would be lymph nodes. I get them under arms and in my groin when run down/exhausted.
I’d give the gps a call and ask the question-I’m sure if they feel it necessary they will book you in 😊 (& it’ll probably be ages away so you can cancel if you feel it’s resolved-it’s better to check if your unsure!)

SeaToSki Tue 16-Jul-19 19:38:09

Do you think you might have a virus or be slightly under the weather? Lymph glands are all in slightly different places, yet still in the armpit. I would wait a couple of days and see if they go down a bit

Osirus Wed 17-Jul-19 00:17:13

I had one (just one) recently, and had gone completely by day 5. That must be quite sore for you, my lone visitor was painful enough.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »