Talk

Advanced search

If it's not a UTI what can it be?

(7 Posts)
comingupsouth Tue 16-Jul-19 17:26:35

What could cause my bladder to burn? I feel like my pelvis is on fire.
I had 5 days antibiotic ( Nitofuranton) from the GP. Painkillers don't touch it. I have had Naproxen it didnt work. Not even Zapain ( strong ) codeine.
It doesn't sting when I wee and it's not cloudy.
I tried bicarbonate of soda in water just in case.
I feel like I'm bursting to pee but I'm empty.
I use Vagifem as part of my peri menopause strategy.
Ultrasound was clear.

Has anyone got any suggestions? Or any idea of what I can take to numb the pain?
Help!

PenguinsRabbits Tue 16-Jul-19 20:15:19

I would go back to doctors, presumably you tested positive for uti initially. In which case it will be a uti which the antibiotics haven't been enough to cure, some utis need different antibiotics.

Maybe its developed into a kidney infection. Would go back to doctors asap anyway. Probably needs more antibiotics.

comingupsouth Tue 16-Jul-19 20:44:44

I don't get urine test at GP it was done via phone call. I have had UTIs in the past and these antibiotics worked.

I'm going t try to get an appointment in the morning but of course there is no guarantee I will get one

comingupsouth Wed 17-Jul-19 14:02:38

No appointments Available at GP today, ring again tomorrow at 8 am.
Even though I rang at 8 am today.

I wonder if it's interstitial cystitis?..

stucknoue Wed 17-Jul-19 14:04:21

See your gp they should not have given you antibiotics without testing to see if you needed them and the right kind. Some uti's take multiple doses

PenguinsRabbits Wed 17-Jul-19 14:06:42

I'd be tempted to call 111 and see if you can see a doctor today. Some utis need different antibiotics.

comingupsouth Wed 17-Jul-19 14:33:25

I'm prone to UTIs so I think they just assumed. They have done the same for me before and they worked.
I'm not sure it is a UTI this time. It would be unusual for Nitrofurantoin not to clear it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »