Talk

Advanced search

Does BV always have a bad odour?

(8 Posts)
KitschBitch Mon 15-Jul-19 20:11:53

Had bacterial vaginosis for the first time a few months ago, it was accompanied by a dreadful smell. Have recently had a period, stopped bleeding, but now have brownish discharge over a week later. Often have a discharge after period but this has gone on longer than usual, however no odour so perhaps this is a menopause symptom?

NeurotrashWarrior Wed 17-Jul-19 19:19:15

It can cause itching; do you have this?

Haveapip Wed 17-Jul-19 19:22:12

I've had this ,there was no odour but did have itching although was told by doctor this is unusual for bv.

NeurotrashWarrior Wed 17-Jul-19 20:30:08

Is it usual to have a brown discharge with BV?

KitschBitch Wed 17-Jul-19 20:43:27

No itching, just grey/brown watery discharge, thought it was tail end of period but still hanging around a week later. Only other symptom is a dull achy period-type pain.

Thattwatoverthere Wed 17-Jul-19 20:45:44

I've always had a bad odour with mine and it seems to be set off by my period as though I'm now allergic to my own blood 🤷‍♀️
Maybe try the GU clinic if you have one nearby as mine was diagnosed there pretty much immediately and anti B given straight away.

Dontsayyouloveme Wed 17-Jul-19 20:48:49

NeurotrashWarrior discharge with BV is usually very white or grey, not brownish.

NeurotrashWarrior Wed 17-Jul-19 20:49:17

I'd perhaps discuss with a Gp or gum clinic? With the pain too. I've had annoying periods that tail for a while. Unless you're randomly ovulating again? Whence pain?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »