Talk

Advanced search

Infection after miscarriage??

(4 Posts)
Gryffindork7 Mon 08-Jul-19 23:53:04

I’m just looking for a bit of advice.

I miscarried 6 weeks ago at 7w. I had a bleed at 5+2, which lasted for three hours and I got the “all clear” because my blood work was fine, ultrasound showed a gestational sac, and my cervix was still closed so they let me go home. Everything was fine until I had a bleed exactly a week later at 6+2. My bloods showed my hCG has dropped down to the 200’s, but my scan had shown a sac that had grown the right amount for how long it had been between scans. Again my bleed only lasted a couple of hours but they told me to expect to miscarry... no bleeding at all until 5 days later at exactly 7w and I passed a big clot to which I presumed was baby. Bleeding lasted no more than 4 hours... I did then have a scan four days later which they said everything looked ok but my lining was 7/8mm and should be thinner but nothing else was said. I bled a week ago, for three days, and it wasn’t as heavy as I expected - especially because this was an IVF pregnancy and I’d come off of all hormones and I’ve got endometriosis and adenomyosis anyway. Whenever I’m on my stomach bloats up and goes hard - I look 5 months pregnant - and it hasn’t gone down since my first period last week. I’m in a lot of pain, my back and lower abdomen, I’ve always got a low level nausea and I feel worn out. The last few days I’ve felt worse and I’m running a slight fever which I rarely ever have. The pain and bloating seems to be getting worse; could it be possible it was either an incomplete miscarriage due to still having a thick ish lining or could it be something completely separate? I’m struggling with the loss anyway - it’s my third miscarriage - but this seems like a constant reminder and it hasn’t got better, only worse, since losing the baby.

It’s a struggle getting anyone to listen. I’m just not sure what to do next.

OP’s posts: |
Nogodsnomasters Tue 09-Jul-19 07:17:31

After the clot at 7w when you say you had a scan and everything looked "OK", did they confirm you had lost the baby? It's just that nausea, bloating and tiredness are all symptoms of early pregnancy. The fever however is not so I would definitely see a gp or the epu again.

Gryffindork7 Tue 09-Jul-19 09:49:15

Actually they didn’t specifically say I’d lost baby. They said everything looked “ok”, and like it had “gone back to normal” so I’m presuming I have, they just didn’t use the exact words. I’m booked my GP this morning at 10:40am because I had quite a restless night with the pains and uncomfortableness, my temperature this morning has been sitting around 37.7°C/37.8°C. Hopefully he’ll be able to do something!
Thank you for your reply 😊

OP’s posts: |
Nogodsnomasters Tue 09-Jul-19 18:25:15

What they've said is very misleading especially for someone who has experienced this before. How did it go at the gp this morning? And have you took a pregnancy test since you passed your clot? I would be inclined to do one but still speak to epu over the phone even to ask what your notes say.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »