Talk

Advanced search

Fed up with long periods

(5 Posts)
ScoobyMootoo Mon 08-Jul-19 20:43:08

Exactly a year ago I had a copper coil fitted. My usual periods were every 30 to 35 days lasting for a max 5 days. For the past year they're around 10 days long and every 26 days approximately. My last period lasted 12 days! I'm assuming this is caused by the coil but not certain. I have PCOS and used to skip periods all the time. Has anyone else experienced this with the copper coil specifically?

HebeMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 09-Jul-19 17:07:05

wine for you, OP.

Just bumping this for anyone passing who might have had a similar experience.

EsmereldaWasRight Tue 09-Jul-19 17:30:41

Yes me. Altho i suspect my long bleeds are due to something other than the coil. I have just posted a new thread about this in general health. Can't repeat the text here because I'm shattered due to soul destroying periods.

BobbinThreadbare123 Tue 09-Jul-19 17:32:59

I never had a coil but I got this with the implant. Ditched the bugger and went straight back to normal. Fecking 2 week long periods with a 2.5 to 3 week gap are not an acceptable side effect.

Knackeredmommy Tue 09-Jul-19 17:34:27

Yes, my periods are longer on the coil and I always have a day of flooding. Am now on 3x a day Iron tablets for anaemia and I'm getting my tubes tied. I stuck it out for 10 yrs though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »