Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

bum spots on DS

(9 Posts)

In the last couple of days I've noticed about a half dozen little spots on DS's bum. NOt the cheek bit, just around his anus. It's red with little red bumps that have white heads on them.

I was thinking maybe hand foot and mouth, but he doesn't have spots anywhere else (I do though. a few on my hands.)

AND I was on Anitbiotics and BF so i thought could it be thrush?

Anyone have any ideas?

Spidermama Fri 27-Jul-07 21:55:26

Could be thrush. I would rub on a clove of garlic with tea tree oil dropped in. Or Canesten if you prefer.

Spidermama Fri 27-Jul-07 21:56:09

Woth a course of good quality pro biotics for you too.

just normal canesten like I would use?

Spidermama Fri 27-Jul-07 21:58:26

How old is he? Does it say anything on the tube about age?

I know the tea tree oil thing sounds far fetched but it really does work as other MNers will testify.

he's almost 2

Miaou Fri 27-Jul-07 21:59:37

Sounds like what Ds1 has on his bum - caused by broken skin which is in contact with poo for too long. You need to get cream for it (fucidin) and may need antibiotics if it doesn't clear up.

thanks miaou. I'll see about getting some cream today.

belgo Sat 28-Jul-07 09:59:58

hand foot and mouth can start as you describe, and it can also be contained to just that - it doesn't necessarily spread any further.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now