Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I've just found a lump

(6 Posts)
jodie1984 Fri 27-Jul-07 21:25:42

I know i need to go to the GP and I will, but I am freaking out a little.
One of my breasts have been tender for a few days, I thought it was because I was due on, but I have just had a bath and there is a lump and it it tender to touch it. Its about the size of a small marble.
I had a friend who had breast cancer but unfortunatly passed away a few yrs ago but I can remember her telling me when she first found a lump it wasn't painful.
I dont know why I am posting, im just a little shocked. sorry for rambling

jodie

Charlie999 Fri 27-Jul-07 21:30:09

Don't panic.

Tender is a positive sign in this respect. Go and see your GP on Monday.

Hope it goes well and keep calm

x

puffylovett Fri 27-Jul-07 21:32:33

hi there, i had the same thing a couple of yrs ago and it turned out to just be normal tissure - but freaked out just the same. the GP was excelet, got referred to hosp for a scan straight away - they don't mess about in these circumstances. Go to your doctor and get referred, it will put your mind at rest. The liklihood is you will be fine, I certainly hope so - thoughts are with you.

ComeOVeneer Fri 27-Jul-07 21:33:47

When I found a lump (which was subsequently removed) it wasn't sore/tender/painful, just "there". I know how sickening it is to be in your position, and I wish you all the best.

VeronicaMars Fri 27-Jul-07 21:36:34

Jodie I had to go a few months ago. Ended up being sent for a scan, I was terrified. The scan showed nothing, not even scar tissue from an absess(sp?) I'll have to back in a few months for them to keep an eye on it.
Try not to worry too much, says she who was hysterical!
Mine was very tender for a few weeks and then eased off but did come back. The doctor doing the scan said that tender is 99.9% a good sign.
I noticed it came back around the same time as my period.

jodie1984 Fri 27-Jul-07 21:42:07

Thank you everyone, I feel 100% better now. I need to change GP's which I will do first thing monday (they will love me!) and get an appt asap. I though DS might have elbowed me or something but surely i would remember that.
I am only 23 so I thought I might have been over reacting a little, but I think I am just paranoid.

Jodie

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now