Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

I've just found a lump

(6 Posts)
jodie1984 Fri 27-Jul-07 21:25:42

I know i need to go to the GP and I will, but I am freaking out a little.
One of my breasts have been tender for a few days, I thought it was because I was due on, but I have just had a bath and there is a lump and it it tender to touch it. Its about the size of a small marble.
I had a friend who had breast cancer but unfortunatly passed away a few yrs ago but I can remember her telling me when she first found a lump it wasn't painful.
I dont know why I am posting, im just a little shocked. sorry for rambling

jodie

Charlie999 Fri 27-Jul-07 21:30:09

Don't panic.

Tender is a positive sign in this respect. Go and see your GP on Monday.

Hope it goes well and keep calm

x

puffylovett Fri 27-Jul-07 21:32:33

hi there, i had the same thing a couple of yrs ago and it turned out to just be normal tissure - but freaked out just the same. the GP was excelet, got referred to hosp for a scan straight away - they don't mess about in these circumstances. Go to your doctor and get referred, it will put your mind at rest. The liklihood is you will be fine, I certainly hope so - thoughts are with you.

ComeOVeneer Fri 27-Jul-07 21:33:47

When I found a lump (which was subsequently removed) it wasn't sore/tender/painful, just "there". I know how sickening it is to be in your position, and I wish you all the best.

VeronicaMars Fri 27-Jul-07 21:36:34

Jodie I had to go a few months ago. Ended up being sent for a scan, I was terrified. The scan showed nothing, not even scar tissue from an absess(sp?) I'll have to back in a few months for them to keep an eye on it.
Try not to worry too much, says she who was hysterical!
Mine was very tender for a few weeks and then eased off but did come back. The doctor doing the scan said that tender is 99.9% a good sign.
I noticed it came back around the same time as my period.

jodie1984 Fri 27-Jul-07 21:42:07

Thank you everyone, I feel 100% better now. I need to change GP's which I will do first thing monday (they will love me!) and get an appt asap. I though DS might have elbowed me or something but surely i would remember that.
I am only 23 so I thought I might have been over reacting a little, but I think I am just paranoid.

Jodie

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: