Talk

Advanced search

Dentist: grin and bear it

(9 Posts)
user87382294757 Mon 08-Jul-19 16:23:19

Yes they are a curse! I find the ones next to them look a bit dodgy now as well like they are contaminating them- and wish I had had them out already. I guess there is some reason they haven't sent me to have them taken out already but not sure. Maybe it is gruelling or something.

Sux2buthen Mon 08-Jul-19 16:13:17

Thanks. I hate the bloody things, they've been nothing but trouble. Everyone else that's had problems has my sympathy!

OP’s posts: |
user87382294757 Mon 08-Jul-19 16:00:50

I hope it gets better soon. Wisdom teeth are a pain. Mine have gone a horrible black colour but my (private) dentist says they are fine and just 'stained'- also had some infection around the gum which they are monitoring seems to come and go. My dentist seems quite keen to leave things wherever possible but I would be quite keen to have them out too.

Judystilldreamsofhorses Mon 08-Jul-19 11:48:11

Oh, mine was totally out, and had been happily for years with no issues, so it was an easy job. Hope it resolves soon.

Sux2buthen Mon 08-Jul-19 07:59:11

I dream of having them out, this happens every couple of years. Unfortunately my wisdoms are only partially out and won't come out any more. They say if I have them out it will be general anaesthetic but I've got 3 kids and a stepson that need me home so I have no idea how to fit it all inshock
The pain has gone but still swollen, worse when I wake up. Four tablets to goblush

Judystilldreamsofhorses Mon 08-Jul-19 00:01:30

I had an infection in the gum round my upper left wisdom tooth a couple of years ago. After amoxicillin it wasn’t completely gone, so I went back, and the dentist whipped the tooth out. It took her about five seconds from “can you feel anything sharp?” to “do you want to see the tooth?” (No). Initially my face was swollen, so the antibiotics did help, but I was really scared of being in pain again, and the dentist was confident I wouldn’t miss the tooth and that the extraction would be a non-event. She was right on both counts, the only sore bit was the injection.

Sux2buthen Sat 06-Jul-19 11:11:02

Thankyou! I thought that can't be right.

interminablehellishwhatever Sat 06-Jul-19 11:04:44

No, if it doesn't respond to antibiotics she needs to refer you to an oral medicine unit at a hospital. No dental patient can just be advised to "grin and bear" an infection resistant to antibiotics! It has to be properly investigated. Put your foot down OP, don't take any shit!

Sux2buthen Sat 06-Jul-19 10:48:06

I've had an infection by my wisdom tooth for a week now. I've completed a course of amoxicillin and it hasn't gone, so she's given me some more. She said if this doesn't work I will have to just grin and bear it 🤔I've never been told it's fine to just leave an infection if it doesn't go before, is this normal?
I've been doing salt washes, corsodyl amd brushing the area. I am breastfeeding so a little limited for medication but not drastically.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in