Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

ahem...personal question about fanjos.

(16 Posts)
TranquilaManana Fri 27-Jul-07 19:19:55

does anyone get an achey/ tired muscley feeling in the fanjo area, like its gonna fall out or something, when standing still...at that time of the month?

for a friend im asking, of course [wonk]

TheQueenOfQuotes Fri 27-Jul-07 19:20:50

"wonk"

yes I do sometimes get that - it's horrible isn't it.

MamaG Fri 27-Jul-07 19:20:54

no i don't [wonk]

tribpot Fri 27-Jul-07 19:22:33

I get that too [wonk] Awful innit

God this thread had the potential to be UCM Is that you mark 2. Glad it isn't!

mrsmalumbas Fri 27-Jul-07 19:23:11

Yes I do but it's not my actual fanjo, more in the pubic bone. Standing up is a real pain, literally. Applying pressure helps but looks a bit suspicious!

GreatGooglyMoogly Fri 27-Jul-07 19:23:24

Yes, it feels a bit like you've been riding a horse or a bicycle - sort of bruised.

TranquilaManana Fri 27-Jul-07 19:24:37

yes, bloody orrible feeling. and you have to keep sitting down to get rid. and how exactly are you supposed to explain that??

'sorry, dont mind me, perching inappropriately on this table while you, an almost total stranger, speak about something inane and time-passy to me. my fanjo feels like its falling out.'

yuh. think not. even for me. and im a wierdo.

whomovedmychocolate Fri 27-Jul-07 19:25:29

Well Mrsmalumbas clasping ones fanjo would make a change to clasping ones norks and swearing to avoid certain threads. Perhaps you could use this for a cover story [wonk]

and possibly [groin]

gscrym Fri 27-Jul-07 19:25:56

Me too, always worse at the start of my period.
It's also compounded by the worry of leaking at work, in a factory full of blokes whilst wearing white overalls.

hatrickjacqueline Fri 27-Jul-07 19:26:06

Message withdrawn

TranquilaManana Fri 27-Jul-07 19:26:16

yes GGM. bruisy. thats it.

dunno whats up with you mersM, but maybe you should see a doc??

TranquilaManana Fri 27-Jul-07 19:27:36

hmmm white overalls... would potty training plastic pants help you feel secure? hehe

hippipotami Fri 27-Jul-07 19:42:28

Oh yes, I get that too - dreadful feeling.

pirategirl Fri 27-Jul-07 19:47:17

i used to get that, not too long after having dd, and it lasted on and off for about a yr.

I had a bit of a prolapse which has improved alot. Yet I was really worried about the feeling that I was going to lose soemthing.

Is it long since you had a baby?

MingMingtheWonderPet Fri 27-Jul-07 19:49:32

Glad it is not just me, I thought I was just a bit weird (or maybe I still am!)

TranquilaManana Fri 27-Jul-07 20:46:04

pirategirl - i did wonder about something like that. its 18m since my last baby (sound sliek a confession!) but i had 3 VB's in 2.5 years... so its certainly felt the strain!

but. i do remember having this sensation years before i had dc tbh. always put it down to some hormonal something or other.

is v cheering to hear im far from the only one!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now