Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

spots after MMR jab? any ideas

(11 Posts)
CakeandFineWine Fri 27-Jul-07 19:10:43

Hi all
My DD had the MMR jab exactly 10 days ago
I've just noticed a small group of red spots of her shoulder and upper arm!

They almost look like insect bite like spots?!

Is this a reaction to the jab or something else? Maybe chickenpox!?!?

imnot27 Fri 27-Jul-07 19:16:15

Hi, my ds2 had a rash after MMR, HV said it was just the measles virus becoming apparent, not a problem. Why not try NHS Direct, in case it's something else?

CakeandFineWine Fri 27-Jul-07 19:20:06

Mmmmm they always just say go to A&E to me!

I think I've decided they are actually insect bites just remembered CM took her to park today and said she let her play about in grass and stuff!
They haven't spread at all and they are quite localised. Although they are raised red spots they aren't fluid filled.
Think I'll just keep my eye on them though

Thanks

Rosa Fri 27-Jul-07 19:21:29

My HV said to watch out for possible red spots rash like after jab anything up to 2 weeks and not to let dd scratch them ..

CakeandFineWine Fri 27-Jul-07 19:24:23

Oh Ok thanks
Don't think she could reach them anyway.
They don't seem to be bothering her itchy or anything

imnot27 Fri 27-Jul-07 19:26:15

I guess if she hasn't got a temperature it's probably okay!

CakeandFineWine Fri 27-Jul-07 19:30:14

No no temp just checked on her shes normally fast asleep bout an hour ago though and she's WIDE awake!

liath Fri 27-Jul-07 20:03:23

Classic MMR reaction - dd had this too. Tends to give a very mild measles-like rash and usually 10-12 days after the jabs. Means she's producing antibodies which is good news!!

Wisteria Fri 27-Jul-07 20:05:34

They normally warn you of this when they're given the jab - always used to anyway!

CakeandFineWine Fri 27-Jul-07 20:16:00

Nope never told me anything but did look in the immunisation booklet they give you when they have 1st jabs!

Didn't think it would be raised spots though measles rash is more under the skin?

littleboo Sat 28-Jul-07 20:40:33

reaction to MMR common after about 10 days, oftena bit grumpy, rash, temp, nothing to worry about

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now